Introducing a fast and easy way to view up-to-date regulatory activity across the world. This information will help you identify key developments that could impact your homologation process, and might even inform key product design decisions. You will see regulatory news on the many different countries entirety covers. This is just a small sample of our blog. The full feature and many other benefits are available to our customer’s. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding the services we offer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
On October 14th, China MITT released a new notification, “China MIIT NO.39 file “ to optimize the existing SRRC type approval process.
The outline of the regulation is as below:
1) NO. Modification Items Effects:
1. Applicant information changes No testing; A new type approval certificate is issued. An original certificate number is not changed
2. Factory information changes No testing; A paperwork of changes is required to submit to SRRC. Original a certificate number is not changed
3. Factory quality system changes: (production scope, technical force, quality assurance system, production line, and production origin)
Paperwork of changes is required to submit to SRRC. The original certificate number is not changed. Testing is required which depends on technical data evaluation;
4. Components changes (RF signal processing chip, power gain related device, filter, baseband chip, RF transceiver related device, RF power supply, and other management-related
devices, switching devices, duplexers, antenna related devices, clock-related devices, etc) Paperwork of changes are required to submit to SRRC. The original certificate number is not changed. Testing is required which depends on technical data evaluation.
5. Model name changes before actual production and sale
No testing; A new type approval certificate is issued. An original certificate number is not changed
6. Other changes due to the change of National regulation or radio management policy. Testing is required which depends on the requirement of new regulation; A new type of approval certificate is issued. Original a certificate number is not changed.
2) A Specific Product Category using the “Embedded Non-Independent Operational Radio module (Limited module or full module) can fully or partially leverage the test result of the embedded radio module.
a. If the module is full non-independent module then the final product is not required to apply SRRC certification, only needs to put the module’s SRRC ID on the product label or user guide
b. If the module is a limited non-independent module, then the final product is required to apply for a new SRRC certification. additional RSE testing is required.
I. Information Technology Equipment Serial number Device names:
1. Computer (such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets, self-service platforms, etc.)
2. Display devices used with computers (such as computer monitors, projectors, etc.)
II. Household Appliances Serial number Device names:
1 Refrigeration appliances (such as refrigerators, cold drinks machines, etc.)
2 Cleaning appliances (such as washing machines, clothes dryers, electric
irons, vacuum cleaners, water purifiers, automatic sweepers, automatic locks, etc.)
3 Kitchen appliances (such as electric cookers, induction cookers, electric ovens, rice cookers, dishwashers, disinfection cabinets, water heaters, food processing machines, smart cups, etc.)
4 Electric heating appliances (such as electric blankets, heating appliances, etc.)
5 Personal care appliances (such as massagers, electronic scales, pedicure machines, etc.)
6 Audio-visual appliances (such as televisions, stereos, microphones, digital cameras, digital cameras, etc.)
7 Air conditioners (such as air conditioners, air purifiers, fans, etc.)
8 Lighting appliances (such as lights, etc.)
9 Home entertainment equipment (such as game consoles, etc.)
10 Intelligent music equipment (such as smart keyboards, etc.)
3) Family type approvals are permitted for the above two product categories. The requirement is as below:
a. Product features and functions are identical
b. The appearance of the product is roughly the same (Small changes including color and size but no impact on RF parameters etc)
c. The embedded radio modules are already SRRC certified. Moreover, the embedded “limited Non-independent Operational radio modules with WLAN, Bluetooth and public communication (NB-IoT and eMTC) are also applicable to family type approvals